Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Since beating Golf Star Tiger Woods in 2002, Rich Beem says game has improved

Rich Beem beat Tiger Woods by one shot to win the 2002 PGA Championship at Hazeltine. He hasn't won since, even though he thinks his game has improved.


Tiger Woods





Honestly, I think it's gotten better over the last seven years, "Results may not reflect that fact, but I believe that my game has gotten a lot better. I think that I'm swinging the golf club a lot better than I ever have.


Tiger Woods wallpaper





Beem, who will be paired with Woods and defending champ Padraig Harrington the first two days, says he didn't handle the major well.


Tiger Woods with girlfriend




Obviously back in 2002 after this championship, (it) really changed my life, "And it was fast and furious. To be honest with you, I wasn't prepared for it.


Tiger Woods medal





British Open champ Stewart Cink remains, of course, rather anonymous.his family and some friends were at Glacier National Park in Montana after the Open when they picked up a hitchhiker. They passed a little golf course "Man, can you believe what happened to Tom Watson?


Tiger Woods photo





"All the friends in the van ... their radar perked up and they turned to him and We kind of liked that because Stewart Cink is one of our best friends and he's in the Suburban right back there,'" Cink related. "And 'Yeah, right, let's stop and I'll get his autograph.' They dropped him off, and he still doesn't know to this point."