Saturday, September 20, 2008

Miley Was INSPIRED By Nick!

Photobucket

Hannah Montana starlet Miley Cyrus emotionally revealed to M magazine that Nick Jonas and his struggle with diabetes has been a real inspiration for her and her own struggles with her health.

Miley spoke, ‘I was on tour with the Jonas Brothers last year and I kept getting really sick.

One night Nick stopped by my room and I wasn’t feeling great. He suggested that I test my blood sugar like he does, since he’s diabetic. I did, and my blood sugar was really low, it was bad! After that, I went to my doctor to get really checked out. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia, which means my blood sugar was always really low and I couldn’t get it back up.'


Together, Nick helped Miley change her lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits. ‘I became much more aware of the food I ate, because what I was eating before was pretty bad for me. When I’m on tour it can get bad. I’m constantly exercising so much on stage that I get really thin! Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, it can be too much.

My body just burns through the food I put in it so fast. When that happens, I make an effort to only eat healthy meals and chill out with the exercise. Watching Nick manage his diabetes over the years has been a real inspiration to me. It makes me feel like, ‘If Nick Jonas can do it, I can, too!’ I have to keep going and put on a brave face.’