Saturday, November 27, 2010

Emily Blunt was a tomboy child

Emily Blunt was a tomboy childHollywood actress Emily Blunt says she was a tomboy when she was younger and would even 'throw tantrums' if her parents made her wear pink clothes.

The 'Devil Wears Prada' actress who is known for her sense of style admitted she had more boyish interests and hated being dressed in feminine clothes when she was a youngster, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

'I never dreamed of being a princess when I was a child. I wanted to be on the soccer team. I wasn't into Barbie dolls and swore I would never, ever wear pink. I would throw tantrums if my mum put me in pink clothes. Not a girlie girl at all,' she said.

The 'Devil Wears Prada'actress - who is renowned for her sense of style - admitted she had more boyish interests and hated being dressed in feminine clothes when she was a youngster.

She said: "I never dreamed of being a princess when I was a child - I wanted to be on the soccer team. I wasn't into Barbie dolls and swore I'd never, ever wear pink. I'd throw tantrums if my mum put me in pink clothes. Not a girlie girl at all."

However Emily - who married actor John Krasinski in Italy this summer - thinks being a tomboy has helped her to cope on male dominated movie sets.

She explained to Company magazine: "I like being one of the boys. It usually ends up being the case anyway because there's often one female part to every five male parts on a film set.

"When you're outnumbered you have to be willing to accept that there might be crass humour going around, but you get used to it."

IANS